Web clients overview¶
To make E-Maj use easier, two web applications are also available:
- a plug-in for the phpPgAdmin administration tool in its versions 5.1 and higher,
- an independent web application, Emaj_web.
Both web clients provide the same functionalities with E-Maj, and have a very similar user interface.
Emaj_web borrows to phpPgAdmin its infrastructure (browser, icon trails, database connection, management,…) and some useful functions like browsing the tables content or editing SQL queries.
For databases into which the E-Maj extension has been installed, and if the user is connected with a role that owns the required rights, all E-Maj objects are accessible.
It is then possible to:
- define or modify groups content,
- see the list of tables groups and perform any possible action, depending on groups state (create, drop, start, stop, set or remove a mark, rollback, add or modify a comment),
- see the list of the marks that have been set for a group, and perform any possible action on them (delete, rename, rollback, add or modify a comment),
- get statistics about log tables content and see their content,
- monitor in progress rollback operations.